Hiatus
I think it's completely possible that no one is even checking this blog anymore. You've probably given up hope that I'll ever update again. Well, despite the long silence, I am here and still planning to continue blogging. Unfortunately, my laptop has other plans. As the result of a mid-life crisis, it decided to make a career change. It's now a paperweight. Pretty soon, I'll come home to find that it has run off to buy a sports car and get a trophy wife.
Anyway, until a new laptop can be purchased (I'm thinking of making the switch to a Mac... mostly because Mac laptops are so pretty. Is that shallow?), the blog may be a bit neglected. Benny does occasionally let me on the desktop, but it just isn't the same. I just can't type if I'm not sitting on the couch with a little FoodTV for background noise.
To make up for my long absence, here's a whirlwind tour of what's been going on in my life in the last, um, 2 months.
1) BRAZIL: I went to São Paulo for work. It was big and fabulous and really, really big. They have malls there. And highways. Brazil rocks!

(view from hotel balcony)

(cool crafty village-type place outside of São Paulo)
2) Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg: Haha, I bet you think I mean Jon's parents, right? Right? NOPE. Surprise: it's Goldbergs, the Younger. As of October 8, 2006. Congratulations again, Becca and Jon!
3) While I was away, Benny did some folklórico performances.

(here he is with the Mexican ambassador and a capoeira performer)
4) Benny kept playing golf. I gave up because the grass gets in the way. I only like the driving range. And the cocktails.

That's most of the good stuff, anyway. There was some sad stuff too, but well... it's too sad.
Anyway, until a new laptop can be purchased (I'm thinking of making the switch to a Mac... mostly because Mac laptops are so pretty. Is that shallow?), the blog may be a bit neglected. Benny does occasionally let me on the desktop, but it just isn't the same. I just can't type if I'm not sitting on the couch with a little FoodTV for background noise.
To make up for my long absence, here's a whirlwind tour of what's been going on in my life in the last, um, 2 months.
1) BRAZIL: I went to São Paulo for work. It was big and fabulous and really, really big. They have malls there. And highways. Brazil rocks!

(view from hotel balcony)

(cool crafty village-type place outside of São Paulo)
2) Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg: Haha, I bet you think I mean Jon's parents, right? Right? NOPE. Surprise: it's Goldbergs, the Younger. As of October 8, 2006. Congratulations again, Becca and Jon!
3) While I was away, Benny did some folklórico performances.

(here he is with the Mexican ambassador and a capoeira performer)
4) Benny kept playing golf. I gave up because the grass gets in the way. I only like the driving range. And the cocktails.

That's most of the good stuff, anyway. There was some sad stuff too, but well... it's too sad.

3 Comments:
I was getting ready to harrasss you about the status of your posts - or lack thereof! Cool pics, maybe you'll share more with your Mother?!
random stateside FSO's still read your blog! ;-). Don't worry, we're just living vicariously while in language training...no agenda here!
Nope, still lookin' for ya, still love ya, still miss ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home