Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bid Lists

Still no progress on the great Photo Posting Mystery of 2007. Blogger recently moved out of beta, so I'm wondering whether it's a bug in the new system... Anyway, go see the pictures I put on that Ofoto link! You have to see Olivia! She's the cutest child EVER!

Moving on. Yesterday, the powers that be (TPTB) changed the positions available for me (and all the other people bidding this cycle) to reflect the jobs taken by bidders from high equity posts (25 or more hardship/danger points). Remember that Kingston has only 10 hardship/danger points out of a possible 70, so we're pretty low on the totem pole. Of the remaining jobs, here are some cities we will probably bid on:

Mexico City
Madrid
Luxembourg
Rabat (Morocco)
Athens
Rome
Vilnius (Lithuania)
Bogota (Colombia)
Budapest (Hungary)
Nicosia (Cyprus)
Kyiv (Ukraine)
Berlin
Brasilia
Minsk (Belarus)
Skopje (Macedonia)
Brasilia
Guayaquil (Ecuador)
Sao Paulo

I'm pretty surprised that some of these are still available. Of course, now the 20 and 15 point people still get to go ahead of me, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get something we can be happy with (both as a good job and a decent place to live). TPTB say that "most" people get something in their top 10. We shall see. My bid list is due Feb. 15 (Thursday!) and I'd guess we'll have an answer a couple of weeks after that.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Cot said...

Whoa, that's a pretty awesome list. We'll keep our fingers crossed that whatever happens it will be a wonderful posting for both of you. How much longer will you guys be in Jamaica?

I was going to say that perhaps if you went to Luxembourg you could have tea with the Prince again, but then I remembered, wait a tic, that was Lichtenstein. Silly me :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Globetrotter said...

Good luck bidding! :) Hope you can post more good pictures soon.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home