We're ba-aaack!
Hello, world! This is me, writing from my beautiful new MacBook. I don't have a picture of my preshus, but let me tell you she (Vicky, to be precise--no, I didn't name her. That's the name that comes with the pre-programmed voice I chose from several options. Yes, my computer can talk) is so gorgeous! I've never had a Mac before, so sometimes I don't know how to do things like open or minimize a window, but those minor details are forgotten in the warm glow of Vicky's sleek screen. Now, I know you're probably skeptical about my commitment to blogging given my loooooong absence, but let me assure you that Vicky and I are here to stay. Blog on, Vicky!
So much to update that I really don't know where to start. How about with some pictures of our holiday vacation in California?
Hmm.... not so much with the pictures. I'm having some technical difficulty posting pictures right now. It's not Vicky's fault, Mac-haters, because I also tried from Benny's computer. Probably some problem with our sucky internet connection. I want to get this update posted, so you'll just have to wait for pictures.
Anyway, we had a fantastic time in California: eating, sleeping, and shopping. Totally ruined our work ethic, making it very difficult to come back to our jobs and waking up at the crack of dawn. Probably for the best, though, since after 3 weeks off we were getting fat, lazy, and poor. The only bad part was that this was my first Christmas away from home, and I missed my mom's sweet potato casserole. Oh, and my family, too! :)
The big news when we got back to Jamaica was that our bid list is out, i.e. it's time for us to start choosing our next assignment. The list is mind-boggling in its extent. 300-something jobs everywhere from Vancouver to Antananarivo (Madagascar, in case you--like me--have no clue where that is). It's not anywhere near as simple as just choosing your top 10 favorite places. We have to consider language requirements, training requirements, the likelihood that a job in a great place will still be around when I get my chance to bid (Kingston is pretty low on the ladder of who gets to choose first), etc. I don't want to jinx anything, so I'm not going to tell you my list, yet, but I'll put it up soon.
Pictures to follow (I hope).
So much to update that I really don't know where to start. How about with some pictures of our holiday vacation in California?
Hmm.... not so much with the pictures. I'm having some technical difficulty posting pictures right now. It's not Vicky's fault, Mac-haters, because I also tried from Benny's computer. Probably some problem with our sucky internet connection. I want to get this update posted, so you'll just have to wait for pictures.
Anyway, we had a fantastic time in California: eating, sleeping, and shopping. Totally ruined our work ethic, making it very difficult to come back to our jobs and waking up at the crack of dawn. Probably for the best, though, since after 3 weeks off we were getting fat, lazy, and poor. The only bad part was that this was my first Christmas away from home, and I missed my mom's sweet potato casserole. Oh, and my family, too! :)
The big news when we got back to Jamaica was that our bid list is out, i.e. it's time for us to start choosing our next assignment. The list is mind-boggling in its extent. 300-something jobs everywhere from Vancouver to Antananarivo (Madagascar, in case you--like me--have no clue where that is). It's not anywhere near as simple as just choosing your top 10 favorite places. We have to consider language requirements, training requirements, the likelihood that a job in a great place will still be around when I get my chance to bid (Kingston is pretty low on the ladder of who gets to choose first), etc. I don't want to jinx anything, so I'm not going to tell you my list, yet, but I'll put it up soon.
Pictures to follow (I hope).

2 Comments:
yay! I'm glad you're back!
Love, Becca
Ditto Becca! Lovely to have you guys back--and the pictures are fabulous!
Post a Comment
<< Home