Closed for Ash Wednesday
That's right. Today was a day off work for me. Ash Wednesday is a public holiday in Jamaica, as are the Friday before and Monday after Easter. And we get work off for all Jamaican and US holidays. That's a total of 17 or 18 (paid, of course) holidays here in Jamaica (and some colleagues in other countries get even more; I think the most is 22). It's brilliant. Benny and I slept late, made eggs and biscuits for breakfast and then... did nothing. Like I said, brilliant. And when we go back to work tomorrow, there will only be 2 workdays between us and the weekend!

2 Comments:
My dearest Mr. & Mrs. San Lobster...:P Hooray! That's wonderful, since at what was it, 150 interviews a day, it sounded like you might need a vacation! The pictures are simply gorgeous. I'm in awe. (And what a fabulously big apartment.) Have a wonderful time and stay safe down there in Paradise!
- LobsterCot
Hey Melissa, I love your blog. It seems like a nice place. I put a link to you guys on my blog. Check it out sometime :) I posted a picture of our group at the Woods.
Post a Comment
<< Home