Another reason to be jealous...
In case you weren't already jealous that we're moving to Jamaica, I thought I'd share about the fabulous, fancy-shmancy dinner Benny and I just enjoyed with our friends. This week in DC is "Restaurant Week"--some of the best restaurants in the city offer 3-course prix fixe menus for $30.06 ($20.06 for lunch). Now that's not cheap, but these are serious five-star, super-pricey places. We went to Ceiba (a place fancy-shmancy enough to describe its style as Nuevo Latino) and had:
Conch chowder; Black-Bean Soup with Ham and Manchego Cheese
Peruvian-style Bouillabaise with Lobster Tail, Mussels, Jumbo Prawns; Almond-crusted Halibut
Cuban French Toast with Rum Raisin Ice Cream; Chocolate Espresso Cake with "Passionfruit Macerated Raspberries"
Sounds good, huh? Yeah, it was. And that, mother dearest, is why we can never live in Columbus, OH no matter how much I love you. But I do love you lots :)
Conch chowder; Black-Bean Soup with Ham and Manchego Cheese
Peruvian-style Bouillabaise with Lobster Tail, Mussels, Jumbo Prawns; Almond-crusted Halibut
Cuban French Toast with Rum Raisin Ice Cream; Chocolate Espresso Cake with "Passionfruit Macerated Raspberries"
Sounds good, huh? Yeah, it was. And that, mother dearest, is why we can never live in Columbus, OH no matter how much I love you. But I do love you lots :)

1 Comments:
You know, we do have fancy restaurants here too! I just can't think of any at the moment...Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home