Oath of Office
Melissa took the oath of office for the Foreign Service yesterday. It was pretty cool, since it's the very same oath that the President takes. The general point is swearing to uphold and protect the Constitution and to "well and faithfully execute" the duties of the office you're entering. Benny and Rebecca were there to watch, and my outrageous class dues bought us all a glass of champagne at the swanky post-swearing-in reception in the formal diplomatic reception rooms. Next steps include consular training and figuring out how the heck we're actually going to move to Kingston and get settled in. It's starting to get cold in DC, though, so I predict that come January we'll be thrilled to leave even if we aren't 100% organized and ready.



4 Comments:
Congratulations, dear! So proud of you...and so thrilled that you two have not been sent somewhere dangerous as your first assignment! We were a bit worried for you about that :) (I forwarded your Kingston announcment to Mom & Dad, so they wouldn't worry, either.) El Hotel San Miguel will definitely have visitors! I hope you two are doing well in DC, too.
Love, Stephcot
Yay! Our first comment! Thanks, Stephcot :)
Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are 1) married 2) in the foriegn service 3) moving to Jamaica and 4) have a blog. So fun! This is so great!!! see you soon...love, me (becca)
Wow.
(Stephcot sent me the link to this blog.)
Shall be very interested to see how Foreign Service life treats you.
Post a Comment
<< Home